Now a days most of the printers have the scanning feature as default. Some of the users face issues while using the printer or scanner for scanning with Windows 10. Recently, Microsoft has introduced the new scan app utility to provide with good quality service. There are several ways using which you can get the scanning done easily. You can use the settings, app, control panel or built-in manufacturer software for the scanning purpose. If you are an HP user, before proceeding to scan you can take the pre-requisite information from the HP Customer Service 1-800-329-1530.
Given are the methods using which you can scan using your HP printer or scanner with Windows 10:
- Scan using Settings
- Firstly press ‘Windows’ key and I key together and the Windows settings will appear.
- Then select ‘Devices’ and click on ‘Printers and Scanners’ and move to the right pane. Search your HP printer which you have connected to your system. Click on your printer and choose ‘Open printer app’.
- This will open the HP Smart by default and you have to choose ‘Scan’ option which will open the new scan page on Windows.
- Now, select preset, page size, output type, source, resolution as per your preference and then press the ‘Scan’ button given at the bottom.
- Now, give a name to your document and select a location on the Save as window and then click on ‘Save’ button.
- You can move to the selected folder and check your document.
- Scan using Windows scan app
You need to install the Windows scan app from the Microsoft store. A confirmation page will open and then you have to follow the steps given below:
- Open Microsoft store to get a view of the application and click on ‘Get’ button.
- After it gets completely downloaded and installed you can launch the app on your system.
- You can check the configuration options by clicking on ‘Show more’.
- Next, you need to crop the image as per your requirement as well as change the file type, color mode, resolution (DPI) if required. After this press the ‘Scan’ option.
- Now you can select the location where you want to store the scanned copy by clicking on ‘Save file to’ option. You can also call at the HP Help Number if you need any sort of help.
- Scan using printer or scanner in Windows 10 using the classic method
- Open control panel by clicking on Start menu and then type cp and press enter.
- Now, select ‘Devices and Printers’ and right-click on the printer or scanner you have connected to your system and then select scan from the list.
- Select ‘Photo to file’ before moving to the next step and click on the ‘Scan’ option given at the bottom.
- Import pictures and videos and choose ‘import all new items now’. After this, add a tag with the name so that you can find it easily later on. Then click on ‘Import’ to start scanning.
For further doubts and queries, you need to call at the HP Printer Support Number 1-800-329-1530 where our professional technicians will help you out.