If you have landed on this page, then it means you are definitely getting a problem in configuring Amazon Echo with Alexa. You are not alone who is getting the problem, but there are many people who are facing setup issue.
First of all, you need an Alexa app or website to complete the setup process. The setup process is however quite easy but if you skip any step, you may be doomed.
Many times, Alexa app got stuck on the white screen and you won’t be able to complete the setup. Apart from this, if you find ring light blue in place of orange light, then you will fail to start the setup process. No need to worry, we are here to help you.
- Setup Amazon Echo and Alexa Properly: For this, you need to install the Alexa app on your phone from the Android or Apple app store. To start with the setup process, plug the device into the power supply. The ring will first turn blue then orange. Open Alexa app from the phone once you notice the yellowish light on the ring.
- Open App and sign-in to it: When you open an Alexa app, you will be prompted to log in to the Alexa app through Amazon account. If you are new to this, then sign-up first.
- Wait till the light on the Echo turns orange: You are now required to connect the Echo to the Wireless network. Click to connect it. You now have to wait for a few minutes till the device gets connected and the orange light turns on.
- Manually Connect to Amazon Wi-Fi: You are now directed to the manual setup of the wireless network. This setup process is very important and needs to be implemented carefully. Here, what you have to do is open ‘Wi-Fi’ settings of your phone and from here you have to search for connection with name Amazon.
- Connect to home Wi-Fi: You are now required to select the wireless network. Enter the password for the selected SSID. If you want, you can save the password for future use. Lastly, Click ‘Connect’ button.
If after implementing the steps you are facing problem in connecting the device to the Alexa, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Uninstall Alexa from the phone: If you find a white screen on the Alexa app, then you don’t need to wait much, simply remove the app from the phone by uninstalling it. To uninstall the app, you can read the steps given on the smartphone website.
- Disable home network or switch to another network: From the Samsung or one plus phone, you need to open Wi-Fi settings and follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- If you stuck in-between, then either contact Amazon Echo support or leave the Alexa app.
- Open ‘Wi-Fi’ settings of your phone. Uncheck the option to disable it.
- Change the date and time of your phone: If there is an issue with the Echo setup, then check the date and time of your phone. You need to change the date and time settings of your device.
- Update Android system web view: If you are facing problem in setup the Echo, then update the app and check if the problem is resolved or not. To update the web view, go to Playstore.