AOL Desktop Gold is the one-stop place for all AOL users. The new and improved design and added features allow you to explore the world of AOL without any hassles. The most notable additions that users will notice in AOL Desktop Gold is the enhanced security and speed and the automatic updates. AOL has also done its best to preserve the overall look of the desktop so that user will be able to transition easily from the previous version. However, these new features need some basic system requirements to function smoothly. If these system requirements are not met users may notice that AOL Desktop Gold not responding or the desktop speed will be reduced. This could mean that the system will not start or that it has crashed. If you have encountered this sort of error then don’t worry, there are some simple troubleshooting steps that you can follow to get your system back on line.
How to fix the AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding
If you notice that the AOL Desktop Gold icon is not working or that you are finding it difficult to log in to your AOL account try the steps mentioned below:
Check system requirements
As mentioned earlier the advanced security features are always running on AOL Desktop. Sometimes, if the system is not up to date this may lead to complications that can prevent AOL Desktop Gold from responding. Before downloading and installing AOL Desktop Gold, you should make sure your computer meets the basic system requirements to run the program. Here is a list of system requirements:
- Make sure you are using Windows 7 or higher
- The computer processor should be at least 266 MHz
- AOL recommends using a screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- Ensure you have 512 MB of free disk space along with a 1 GB RAM.
- Ensure that you are using a stable and fast internet connection.
Update AOL Desktop Gold
If the basic system requirements are in place but AOL Gold is still not responding then you can try updating the program. Normally, AOL Desktop Gold has an automatic update feature which ensures that users are always using the newest version. But if AOL Gold is not responding you can reinstall the software by following the steps given below
- Go to the Control Panel and search for AOL Desktop Gold and delete the existing file.
- You can now download the setup file again by visiting the official AOL Desktop Gold website.
- Once the download is complete run the file on your computer and follow the steps to complete reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold.
If you notice that the AOL Desktop Gold icon is not working even after reinstalling then just check your internet connection and check to see if there are any compatibility issues with any other applications. If you see that in spite of a working internet connection the program is still not responding it would be best to speak to a trained technician about how to resolve the issues. You can call the AOL Desktop Gold customer support for more information.