When it comes to online security it is always better to be safe than sorry. Sometimes it just takes a few clicks for hackers to break into your system and steal personal data. That is why it is important to have your Anti-Virus up and running at all times. Speaking of Antivirus, few names have made as big an impact as McAfee. McAfee boasts of millions of users, across the globe who keep their data safe thanks to their advanced security features. Even if the software does develop glitches, users can always call the McAfee Customer Care and speak to a certified expert to resolve the problem. Even though technical assistance is available 24 hours a day it is still nice to know a little about why McAfee Antivirus stopped working and what are some basic troubleshooting tips to try on your own.
Most Common Issues
Unfortunately, if the McAfee virus stops working then it is not because of one particular reason. Below you will find some of the most common reasons why the software is not working:
- Existing Virus: Yes, McAfee is an anti-virus software but if your system already has malware or virus within it then that could disrupt the software even before it gets a chance to work.
- System Updates: When you update Windows certain changes are made to the system. It is possible that these changes can adversely affect the McAfee software.
- Unlicensed products: Hackers are smart, sometimes they use an anti-virus software itself to infect your computer. That is why you should not download pirated or unlicensed software as there is no guarantee that it will work.
- Compatibility: You ever hear about how too many cooks spoil the broth? Well if you have too many anti-virus software running in the background it will create a compatibility problem in McAfee.
Steps to fix McAfee not working error
Now that you know what may have caused the error what can you do about it? Here are some quick McAfee Antivirus troubleshooting steps to help you secure your computer:
- Restart the computer
- Uninstall any antivirus that is incompatible with McAfee
- Close all background applications before launching McAfee
- Update McAfee Antivirus and then restart your system
- Restore the system settings to before the last Windows update
If all of these steps do not work or if you are unable to complete any of the steps mentioned you should contact McAfee Customer Service immediately. The longer your anti-virus is not working the more it exposes your system to security threats. You do not need to worry, you can always reach out to a certified expert who is available 24 hours a day to give you the technical assistance you need to overcome the problem.
Source URL: How to Fix McAfee Antivirus Not Working