HP printers have been serving customers for a long time. They have been one of the most efficient printers in the market, catering to all the different needs of the customer and at the same time not sacrificing the quality of the print job. Printers are an electronic device which runs using a driver software, which makes it prone to several malfunctions. It can prove to be really frustrating to encounter errors when you are trying to print a document. The error that has been lately annoying a lot of users is an error of “Printer needs user intervention”. This error could come up due to several reasons, some of which are the print job being corrupted, the spooler is inactive or even because the vital driver is found missing. Errors like these can completely stall your printing process which could be vital during a crucial point. HP ensures that their customer is never caught up with any such errors and has provided their customers with an effective after sales customer service. If you are HP printer users and you come across any issue, you can easily find solutions to it by contacting the HP Printer Customer Service Number. In this service, they deploy efficient and enthusiastic professionals to assist you with your concern. Some basic methods to troubleshoot the error of user intervention being needed has been given below:
- Restart the print job
- Click on the start button and navigate to Devices and Printers
- Select the active printer and opt for the option which says ‘See What’s Printing’.
- Right click on the print job that you wish to restart, and opt for the restart option
- Clear the print queue
- Simply turn off the printer to clear the queue
- Ensure that the printer spooler service has been stopped
- Using the windows+R command and type ‘services.msc’
- Double click on printer spooler which would open a different window, select the stop button which would turn the spooler off.
- Utilize the Printer Troubleshooter
- Search for ‘Printer’ in the search box
- Find and choose the option which says ‘Find and fix printing problems’
- Opt to run this as an administrator
- After the analysis is complete, click on ‘Apply repairs automatically’
- Reinstall the printer driver
- In the search box, search for ‘Device Manager’
- In the window of device manager, select and right click on the printer and choose to uninstall option.
- This would uninstall the printer driver from your device
- After the above-said procedure, you can install the printer driver again.
If you are unable to solve the printer’s user intervention issue with the above-given steps, there isn’t much to be worried about. You can still contact the HP printer helpline number where you would get professional assistance regarding your issues. This service is available throughout the day and it does not charge you any money to avail this service.
Read more: HP printer tech support
Source URL: How to fix user intervention on HP printer