Since Apple computers and laptops no longer come with inbuilt printer driver software for printers anymore, users of HP printers have to download the software from the official site of HP. Everyone knows how important a driver is for a printer to work. It serves as a medium to relay commands from the computer to the printer. And sometimes, installing a printer driver can prove to be a tough problem for some people to carry out. So for all of you who face difficulty or problem in installing printer drivers, this blog will prove helpful to you. If you would like to know more details or information about HP printer drivers you can get across your query to the team at HP Printer Customer Service.
Installing an HP printer driver on your Mac computer needs a lot of intricate steps that need to be carried out carefully and precisely. Listed below are some of the steps that you need to carry out to install the driver on your Mac computer.
- To start off, you need to click on the Apple icon on the screen, then choose the ‘system preference’ option under this.
- Now click on ‘print and scan’.
- On the list displayed to you, check if your printer’s name is listed. If it is, you need to remove and read the printer to confirm communication and to enable the usage of the correct driver.
- Locate the name of your printer again and click it. Now click on the ‘minus’ sign to delete it.
- After deleting the printer, click on the ‘plus’ sign and select ‘add printer or scanner’. Click the name of your printer again and continue.
- In the next page, click on the ‘use’ or ‘print using’ option to select the name of your printer.
- Now you must click on ‘add’ to add your printer to the list and if required, you have to install the software by clicking on ‘download and install’.
- After the install is completed, close the window and try to run a test print or scan.
If you have followed the steps exactly, you would have successfully installed the driver on to your Mac. However, if any technical glitches or errors arise, call HP Printer Tech Support to avail the guidance and help of qualified and experienced employees.How to set up and configure AirPrint on HP printer?