QuickBooks error H505 shows up the problem with the multiuser hosting setup. The consequence of this error is when the users try to access their company file on another computer. This code is among the series of H-code series. The cause of this error includes the attempt to use the company file placed on the different computer which requires additional installation. It can also be due to incorrect hosting configuration settings. But the good news is that this error is fixable through troubleshooting. You can either do it yourself or avail the QuickBooks help instantly.
Solution 1: Verify the hosting process
You must first check the server as a host and ensure that only one computer has the hosting option enabled. Go to utilities and then check the multi-user host access option. Click on a stop to leave only the host computer and removing others.
Solution 2: Create exception settings for Firewall
· Click on start then control panel
· Search for firewall settings
· Choose the option to allow a program through firewall
· Click add program and include QuickBooks to the exception list
· Restart the computer so that the changes can take place correctly.
Solution 3: Change the settings of QuickBooks folder location
Create a new folder on the hosting computer, then share it and set Windows access permissions to share the company files.
Solution 4: Open the network ports for QuickBooks to transmit data
Your firewall can be preventing QuickBooks to access the internet adequately. You must ensure that the QuickBooks files are not blocked by Windows Firewall. To check it –
· Navigate to the control panel by searching for it in the start menu and click on system and security > windows firewall
· Choose the advanced settings option and highlight the inbound rules
· Right-click on inbound rules and click on new rule > select port > select TCP and switch the second radio button to specific local ports
· Select allow the connection radio button and click next.
There are more steps to be followed after these and those can be only known when you will get in touch with QuickBooks customer support where the technical executives will guide accordingly.
Source Url: How to Fix QuickBooks H505 error?